So, here's how you do it in Ubuntu:
- Download the above effect. Suppose you saved it to ~/rimshot.mp3
- Install some shell tool that plays audio files. I use play from the sox package.
sudo apt-get install sox sudo apt-get install sox libsox-fmt-all
- Go to System Settings -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> Custom Shortcuts
- Click on the '+' sign to add a new one:
- Pick a name and have it run the command 'play' on your file:
- Click on the word "Disabled at the end of the line of your newly created shortcut, press the key combination you like (e.g. Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R), and your done.
- Wait for a colleague to tell a silly joke.
- Hit Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R.
- Go out on a hight note.